How We Solve Columbus Wildlife Problems
It starts with your phone call. We answer our phones 24/7, and we will carefully listen to your wildlife problem. Every case is different, so we will ask appropriate questions to help
us understand the situation better. Questions like, "do you hear the noises at night or during the daytime?" or "what type of roof do you have?" After we have a general idea of your
situation, we can provide a ballpark price range, and schedule a same-day or next-day appointment to inspect your property.
INSPECTION: Once on site, we will perform a full inspection of your home and property. This allows us to use the correct strategy and
traps. If the animals are in an attic, a full building inspection is crucial, including the following:
- All ground-level areas, such as piper or A/C line entry & exit areas, A/C chase bottoms, ground-level vents, etc.
- All mid-level areas, such as dryer vents, siding gaps, first floor eaves or dormers, etc.
- We inspect the entire roof, including all plumbing stacks, ridge caps, vents, and other potential gaps or holes.
- We also inspect inside your attic, to identify animals and damage they have caused.
- If the animals are outside, we notice many subtle clues that will assist us in a successful strategy.
TRAPPING, EXCLUSION, REMOVAL: Once we understand what animal species we are dealing with, and the problem, we use the most effective means of removing the animals. We use dozens of different types of traps.
- Trapping - If trapping the animal(s) in live cage traps, trap type, set, and location are crucial to success.
- Exclusion - Oftentimes, we are able to simply set one-way doors or other exclusion devices that allow the animals inside a building to safely exit, but never get back inside.
- Removal By Hand - Sometimes we actually remove animals by hand, or with special tools like snare poles.
- The Law - In all cases, we obey state and local laws regarding wildlife, but aim to take the most humane approach.
ENTRY HOLE REPAIRS: Repairs are a crucial step in the wildlife removal process. In many cases, such as bat or rodent control, the job cannot be performed without detailed repairs, and in
all cases, sealing the entry holes shut ensures that no future wildlife will ever enter your home.
- 100% of the entry holes must be found, and sealed shut, or the job is not complete.
- Our repairs are professional contractor grade, look good, and when applicable we use steel, which rodents such as rats or squirrels are unable to chew through.
- We give a written guarantee on our repairs against any future animal entry.
ATTIC DECONTAMINATION SERVICES: It may be desirable to clean your attic after we've removed the animals. They can leave behind large amounts of droppings,
urine, hair, oils, food, nesting material, and so on. These remnants can attract insects like cockroaches, and the scent left behind can encourage new animals to chew their way into your
house. You might experience odor problems from the waste. It's possible that mold will grow on waste areas.
- We remove or vacuum all droppings, or remove all the soiled insulation.
- We fog the attic with a special enzyme-based cleaner that destroys any organic matter and deodorizes the space.
- We repair damage, such as ductwork, electrical wires, pipes, insulation, and more.
The above are just a brief explanation of some of our methods. I haven't even addressed the hundreds of other potential cases that we deal with, from bat exclusions, to poison-free rodent control, to dead animal removal, bird roosting
prevention, mole trapping in a yard, ground-based exclusion barriers around a shed, etc. etc. Just give us a call any time, and we can describe in detail how we will resolve your specific wildlife problem.
Located in the center of Ohio, Columbus contains a number of animals that can be a nuisance to your home. Any wildlife of pest problem can become very costly if left untreated.
We deal with any pest or wildlife problems you may have including bats, snakes, groundhogs, moles, raccoons, squirrels, foxes, mice and more. We deal with your nuisance wildlife
in a clean and timely matter so give us a call before it gets out of hand. We service Columbus, OH and surrounding areas including Franklin County. Along with Columbus, we serve surrounding cities and towns
such as Bexley, Gahanna, Hilliard, Upper Arlington, Canal Winchester, Grandview Heights, New Albany, Westerville
, Grove City, Pickerington, Whitehall, Dublin
, Groveport, Reynoldsburg
, and Worthington among others.
We are prepared and willing to take care of your pest removal needs.
To learn more about our services, visit the Columbus wildlife control
This month's wildlife how-to article: How to remove bats from a chimney
Bats in real life aren’t quite what they appear in the movies and on TV. They don’t get easily scared away with a silver cross or a couple of cloves of garlic – they are small, fragile creatures that are just trying to find a home to survive the cold months in, and to raise their young. Whether or not you believe it, bats aren’t living in your chimney to deliberately annoy you – the poor creatures just need someone to live.
This is an important thing to remember when you look at removal methods of bats from chimneys.
Before you take any action, ask yourself this – do you want to hurt them? Of course, the answer should be a resounding no!
The easiest way to remove bats from a chimney is to call a professional in to do the job for you. They will take many things into account, and there ARE a lot of things that you are going to need to take into account. For example, do you have a ladder or are you going to “Spiderman” your way up the chimney? That’s the worst thing about bats – they seem to love the uppermost parts of your house. You know the places – the bits that you can’t easily reach!
Also, do you have thick gloves handy? You could catch a disease from the bats, especially if they react to you and get nasty, and although the chances of you getting rabies from them are rare, there is still a chance; a chance that you probably don’t’ want to take. Also, they have a tendency to poop all over the place, and you don’t really want bat poop on your hands.
Other Columbus animal pest control topics:
Get Rid of House Mice
Get Rid of Bats